Let’s make friends and families from ordinary rocks, pebbles, and sticks kids can find outside! 14 video lessons – 5 lessons just for making families!
Patti and Melia, your camp directors, will lead you through 2 different art forms with rocks, a service project or way to gift your rock creation, mindfulness exercises, and much more.
AGE RANGE: Early ages, such as 3-5 may need your assistance, but most children ages 4 on up can do this online Rock Art Camp independently, once they have their supplies. Teenagers and adults love rock art, but we focused our messages on ages 4-11.
NO PRE-REQS: This camp has no pre-requisite classes, and anyone can join in.
14 VIDEOS: Included are 14 pre-recorded video classes you can use any time that works for you (5 lessons are just for making cats!). Videos are usually 15-30 minutes in length. Art, play and joy all wrapped together.
• 2 Videos to help parents and teachers get the most out of camp
• 5 Pintables (i.e. templates for rock art, supply lists, rock shapes to find, etc.)
• 1 Welcome Kids video introducing Patti and Melia, their camp directors
• For kids – Get your Rock Box together (supplies)
• 3 Main Art Lesson Videos – how to make the subject of this camp, so they can go make a lot more on their own with the different rocks they find.
• 1 Service or Gifting video
• 1 Life Lesson Video
• 2 Camp Song training videos
• 3 Finding Rocks and What Rock shapes to look for videos
• 1 Cooking Cookies instruction video to make rock shapes just in case you can’t get outside to find rocks.
MOBILE APP: Included is a free mobile app to provide an uninterrupted and safe environment for your children to enjoy camp with Patti and Melia.
We have combined art class with Mr. Roger's - like conversations and affirmations. Rock Art Camp for kids is a series of interactive art classes and mindfulness play with nature's pebbles & sticks, creating feelings of joy, connection, and wonder. Children learn a unique art form that encourages imagination, self-care, service, and the freedom to choose how to be in the world today.
We've made getting ready for rock art camp a breeze. Parents and teachers can simply watch the intro videos for getting started and then let the kids run free!
Please let us know how camp is going for you and your family. We are all about making it the best experience it can be!
Patti Rokus and Melia Rios Lazo